Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What It's All About

   I am probably one of the most chaotic writers there is. I have been twenty pages in and totally changed the story, form the inside, out. But if you think about it, that's what writing is all about. It's about changing your mind thirty thousand times and not knowing where you're going. Not knowing where your characters are going to end. That's all part of the fun.
   Outlines change as you actually begin writing it out. All I can say is let it. Let it build itself. Become better then before. Otherwise, it will sound cheesy because you forced it. Do cheesy and cliche stories have their place? Yes. But as a norm? No. Why? Because it sounds fake, it gives no real hope for the soul. People read to gain hopes and dreams, but if it is to perfect, the reader subconsciously acknowledges that it could never happen in real life. Therefore, tearing them down not up. I once entered a contest where the only guidelines were that it had to be cliche and also be under 500 words, I have since added an additional 69 words. It was quite a challenged mentally. I kept wanting to make it more realistic, but I couldn't. I think it was pretty good in the end though. But then again, who am I to say? http://figment.com/books/131702-I-Hate-You-

No comments:

Post a Comment